Photo ID Information for Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff (Classes 1,3,4,7,8, and 9)
Important changes to the process of issuing RUconnection ID Cards for new employees:
Please be advised that due to new system requirements, all new employees must first be on-boarded with an active appointment in HCM or Banner prior to being able to have an RUconnection card issued to them.
- As a new Rutgers employee, there are no forms required to obtain a new ID card.
- New employees must be completely on-boarded in the system four business days prior to obtaining an ID card.
- The new employee can obtain his or her RUconnection card on the starting appointment date or any day after. He/she will not be able to receive their RUconnection card prior to their appointment date.
- He/she will need to bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- If transferring from another department, he/she must turn in the former employee ID card for a new one.
- A $20.00 replacement fee applies if former Faculty/Staff RUconnection card is not returned (See Lost/Replacement ID cards).