Photo ID Information for Non-Rutgers Employees
For GUEST/VISITING SCHOLAR/AFFILIATE/VENDOR/HOUSING RESIDENCE/TRADE WORKER OR CONTRACTOR/OTHER
Rutgers visitors and other University guests who require a RUconnection card for use of authorized privileges must first be listed as a Guest in the University's Registry.
To become a Guest in the University's Registry, your sponsoring department must complete the following steps:
1. The sponsoring department will need to complete a Guest NetID Account Request for Newark Computing Services online: https://guest-netid.rutgers.edu/ .
2. Once step 1 is complete, the individual will have a NetID established and the department will complete the ‘RUConnection Guest ID Card Request Form’ (attached here) and have it signed by the Dean, Director, or Chair of the sponsored department. The individual must bring this form to the ID Card Window.
3. Please note: Specific ID’s have a fee of $20.00 such as a Guest and Visiting Scholar.
4. Once all forms are completed, it will take up to 48 hours for the individual to appear in the Photo ID System. He/she must bring valid government-issued photo ID to the ID Card Window.
Other Rutgers Affiliated Individuals
Individuals associated with certain organizations or departments such as PALS, campus ministries, RBHS joint programs, ROTC, NJ PIRG, etc. may request a special RUConnection Guest or Affiliate card. Please contact the department head or university liaison for information about how to be sponsored for an RUconnection card.
Upon retirement, Retirees will receive a letter from University Human Resources (UHR) explaining how to get a Retiree RUconnection card. Retiree RUconnection cards cannot be issued prior to receipt of this letter, nor can we accept a letter from the head of your former department in lieu of this letter.
To obtain a Retiree RUconnection card:
- Retired status must be verified in the HCM system (Contact Human Resouces)
- Present the letter from UHR at an ID card location on the starting date or any day after your retirement date
- Bring a valid government-issued photo ID
- Return your former Faculty/Staff RUconnection card
- A $20.00 replacement fee applies if former Faculty/Staff RUconnection card is not returned (See Lost/Replacement ID cards)
RBHS and Legacy Rutgers Guests
For RBHS guests, sponsoring Departments should visit:
For Legacy Rutgers guests, sponsoring Departments should visit:
University Hospital-Newark Guest Passes
If Rutgers employees have a business need to enter locations designated as University Hospital facilities, they may request access from Shelley Edmonds-Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please indicate what locations in UH facilities you need access to as well as the individuals you are requesting for that location. For example:
Location: UH C Level Dental Clinic
Names for Location: Jane Doe
Rutgers new hires and new students may obtain a UH guest card at the UH Call Center, located in Room A-104. Hours of operation for ID card production are currently 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
RWJUH Guest Passes
Rutgers new hires and new students may obtain a Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) guest card at the RWJUH-Security Office, located in G2 Bristol Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital. Hours of operation for ID card production are currently 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Individuals with questions regarding guest cards or that need additional access assigned to their guest cards may reach the Security Office by phone at 732-937-8644