Designate an Authorized Payer or User to your Student Account
Designate an Authorized Payer or User to Your Student Account
As a result of our ongoing efforts to provide superior service to our students and families, Student Accounting, Billing and Cashier Services, in partnership with the University Offices of Financial Aid, Registrar and Information Technology, is pleased to share that as of May 1, 2018, students will have the ability to authorize a third party or parent/guardian with access to make tuition and fee payments on their behalf.
This functionality offers multiple benefits, including:
- Students are empowered to authorize other responsible parties to pay their term bills.
- Authorized users will have the ability to access bills at the same time as the students.
- Students can provide and revoke access at any time via an easy online process.
- Reduces parent/guardian frustrations by providing real-time account information.
- Reduces telephone calls and emails inquiries about a student’s account balance.
- Reduces the possibility of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) violations.
ACTION FOR STUDENTS
To designate an authorized payer or user to your student account :
- Log in to your Student Accounting, Billing and Cashier Services Account.
- Then, select “Pay Your Bill”, and use the “Manage Access” section to provide access to your designated payer or user.
For authorized users tutorial click here