RU ID Information for Retirees and Guests
(PALS, Visiting Scholar, Affiliate, Vendor, Housing Resident, and Trade Worker/Contractors)
Rutgers visitors and other University guests who require a Rutgers ID card for use of authorized privileges must first be listed as a Guest in the University's Registry (database). RU ID Cards for visiting scholars are issued for a period of up to one year, after which they must be renewed by submitting an updated request form, turning in the expired RU ID card, and paying the associated fee.
To become a Guest in the University's Registry, your sponsoring department must submit a Guest Role/NetlD request form.
All sponsoring Departments should visit: https://requests.rutgers.edu/guest/guest.htm and follow the instruction for obtaining an RU ID card for your departmental guest.
Questions regarding the guest sponsorship process should be directed to the OIT Help Desk. Click on the link for additional information.
Once the Guest Role/_NetlD is established, the individual can upload a photo online:
Submit your RU ID photo using the online photo submission portal (http://iam-ipo.rutgers.edu/photosub.php )
The individual can then visit an RU ID Service Center to have a RU ID card issued to them. They must present the following:
- Guest RU ID Request Form signed by their Dean Director or Unit Head (attached).
- Associated fee as stated on form
- Some locations cannot process payments in-office, in which case the individual will be directed to pay and receive a receipt from a University Cashier's Office.
- If a department is eligible to pay via IPO, the Cornerstone Marketplace Item 1862, our GL # is 500.4050.8325.3010.100.5056.
TO PAY FOR A Guest RU ID CARD CLICK HERE
Upon retirement, Retirees will receive a letter from University Human Resources (UHR) explaining how to get a Retiree RU ID card. Retiree RU ID cards can only be issued once this letter is presented from University Human Resources.
To obtain a Retiree RU ID card:
- Retired status must be verified in the HCM system (Contact Human Resources or visit the following link for more information http://retirement.rutgers.edu/ .
- Submit a photo online using the link http://iam-ipo.rutgers.edu/photosub.php . You will receive an email confirmation when the photo is approved. Only then should you visit the RU ID service center to pick up your RU ID card.
- Present the letter from UHR at an RU ID card service center on the starting date or any day after the retirement date.
- Employee must return the former Faculty/Staff RU ID card.
- Employee has the option to use the current picture on file or upload a new picture by following photo submission link on the UHR website.
RBHS and Legacy Rutgers Guests
For RBHS guests, sponsoring Departments should visit:
For Legacy Rutgers guests, sponsoring Departments should visit:
University Hospital-Newark Guest Passes
If Rutgers employees have a business need to enter locations designated as University Hospital facilities, they may request access from Shelley Edmonds-Lee at email@example.com. In your email, please indicate what locations in UH facilities you need access to as well as the individuals you are requesting for that location. For example:
Location: UH C Level Dental Clinic
Names for Location: Jane Doe
RWJUH Guest Passes
Rutgers new hires and new students may obtain a Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) RU ID guest card at the RWJUH-Security Office, located in G2 Bristol Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital. Hours of operation for RU ID card production are currently 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Individuals with questions regarding RU ID guest cards or that need additional access assigned to their RU ID guest cards may reach the Security Office by phone at 732-937-8644