RU ID Card
The RU ID card is the official photo identification card issued to faculty, staff, students, and guests on all Rutgers University campuses. This unified RU ID card serves as the primary form of identity verification throughout the University.
Based on your role within the Rutgers University community, the RU ID card may be used to access services including:
- Checkout privileges at any of the Rutgers University libraries
- Recreation centers and computer lab facilities
- Entry to football games and other events
- Purchased meal plans and debit account options
- Assigned residence halls
- Building access (where applicable)
- Parking lots
- Identification for transactions with Student Accounting and Registrar
- Attendance verification for classes and exams
How Can I Obtain A New or Replacement RU ID Card:
The RUID Card Service Center - located at 249 University Avenue, 3rd Floor - Blumenthal Hall on the Newark campus - will be using a hybrid distribution model, offering both mail and in-person options during scheduled office hours. Review the information below for your role - student (residence halls or off campus), faculty/staff, guest or retiree.
RU ID cards will be issued by mail for all eligible students seeking a new or replacement ID card. Walk-in service hours available (see below).
Newly admitted first year and transfer students will have their RU ID card mailed to the address on record after attending their respective school's orientation session. To confirm or update your mailing address, please login here.
RUID distribution options:
- Mail Service: To request a new or replacement ID card sent to your home mailing address, please open a case inquiry here and information survey, which will be sent to your email and must be completed. ID cards requested to be mailed will not be available for in-person pickup - cards will be mailed in 7-10 days from receipt of the completed survey. There is a $20 fee for all lost/replacement cards payable upon request of a replacement card.
- Walk-in service schedule: M, T, W, Th, F 8:30am - 4:30pm
New students assigned to residence halls will receive their RUID card at residence check-in or via mail. If you have not received your card and need to request one, please make an appointment to pick up on-campus by clicking the link here . There is a $20 fee for all lost/replacement cards.
Faculty/Staff seeking to have a new or replacement card mailed - click the faculty/staff information link below for further details.
Retiree/Guest and Alumni seeking to have a new or replacement card mailed - click the the information link below for further details.