RU ID Card
The RU ID card is the official photo identification card issued to faculty, staff, students, and guests on all Rutgers University campuses. This unified RU ID card serves as the primary form of identity verification throughout the University.
COVID-19 message: As noted in the Return to Rutgers Guide, given that face coverings will be commonplace, Rutgers ID cards must be worn at all times while on campus and/or in Rutgers buildings.
Based on your role within the Rutgers University community, the RU ID card may be used to access services including:
- Checkout privileges at any of the Rutgers University libraries
- Recreation centers and computer lab facilities
- Entry to football games and other events
- Purchased meal plans and debit account options
- Assigned housing
- Building access (where applicable)
- Parking lots (permit required)
- Identification for transactions with Student Accounting and Registrar
- Attendance verification for classes and exams
How Can I Obtain A New or Replacement RU ID Card:
Beginning July 1, 2020 RU ID cards for faculty, staff, students and guests will be available by mail only.
RU ID cards will be issued by mail for all eligible students seeking a new or replacement ID card. To request an ID card, contact us to have one mailed to you. Newly admitted first year and transfer students will have their RU ID card mailed to the address on record after attending their respective school's orientation session. To confirm or update your mailing address, please login here.
Faculty/Staff seeking to have a new or replacement card mailed - click the faculty/staff information link below for further details.
Retiree/Guest and Alumni seeking to have a new or replacement card mailed - click the the information links below for further details.